Devotion 1 of 4
We have a God who is faithful and kind and who will never leave a promise unfulfilled. Throughout the Old Testament, God promised His people a savior, a Messiah who would come down and rule, bringing peace and justice with Him. These people never saw that promise fulfilled, yet they had faith that God was true to His word. They believed that someday He would send a savior from the line of David to rule because they had hope in God. As Christians, we should have this same hope in God. God promised that Christ would return one day and bring justice to this world and defeat our enemy once and for all, and we must have hope for this day. God has never left an unfulfilled promise and He won’t now. He is true to His Word and He is faithful to us, never leaving us. Just as he fulfilled the promise that someday a shoot of Jesse would come to rule, so He will fulfill the promises He has given to us. We have an amazing God and we should be filled with trust and hope in Him. During this Christmas season, remember that God always fulfills His promises and share that hope with others.
- Genesis 3:8-15: What will God do to the serpent in the end?
- Psalm 89:1-4: What does it mean to you that God’s love and kingdom will last forever?
- Isaiah 11:1-10: What are some of the characteristics of Christ?
- Jeremiah 33:14-17: Do you believe that God always follows through on His promises? Why or why not?
- John 1:1-9: How does it give you hope knowing that Christ has been there from the beginning and will continue to be there through eternity?