Devotion 2 of 4
Lately, it seems that there has been much disruptive behavior in our world. We can’t seem to go a day without hearing about some negative or terrible thing that has happened. But we have the Prince of Peace ruling in our world even amid the pain and toil. God sent Christ to share His commands with the people of the world. Christ was born in this world to glorify God and spread His Word to all places, and now it is our job to continue this task. He never said it would be easy or fair, but He did promise that one day He would return and bring justice to the world. Without justice, there is no peace. But we have a God of justice and the Prince of Peace who walks with us through our lives. We have the peace of knowing someday all will be right again and there will be no more pain or sorrows. We have peace in knowing that God is sovereignly in control of all things so there is no need to worry about tomorrow. The Christmas season can be a hectic and stressful time, but God calls us to remember Him and instead help bring peace to the world. This is a time we should all be slowing down and remembering that God is in control and He will never leave our side.
- Isaiah 9:2-7: How do these verses bring you peace during this time in your life?
- Isaiah 40:9-11: What does it mean to you that Christ protects us and “carries [us] close to his heart”?
- Deuteronomy 18:15-19: What are we as believers called to do?
- Zechariah 6:12-13: How does Christ bring peace?
- Malachi 3:1-6: What’s the relationship between justice and peace?