children's ministry director
This position will serve Crossroads by leading an effective and comprehensive children’s ministry (Birth-5th grade) that equips families for everyday faith.
- Oversee Children’s Ministry programming and events with alignment towards Family Ministry vision and values (Strategy, Truth, Family, Community, Service)
- Shepherd and manage the Children’s Ministry
- Coordinate and implement an annual leader care and development plan (Recruitment, Orientation, Training, Appreciation, and Celebration) for the children’s ministry team.
- Manage the Welcome/Assimilation strategy for Children’s Ministry
- Oversee Children’s Ministry budget
- Develop and oversee a strategy/volunteer base to assist children with special abilities or needs
- Champion strong collaboration and clear communication in all aspects of Kids Ministry
- Oversee and maintain the quality of the classrooms as well as scheduling/approval of room usage.
- Oversee and implement the safety and security policies for Children’s Ministry
- Collaborate with the Family Ministry team to equip and encourage parents to be the primary faith trainer of their kids
- Provide biblical counsel to kids, families, and volunteer staff as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Interim Family Minister
- Directly accountable and coached by the Interim Family Minister
- Oversee and manage paid children’s staff
- A member of the PMD staff (Pastors and Ministry Directors)
- Full-Time (32 hours/week) | Salaried | Exempt
- Sunday hours, 8AM-1PM required
- Shall have experience in and a zeal for the work of children’s ministry especially in the area of recruiting and developing volunteer leaders.
- Embodies the Family Ministry Team Values: relational, considerate, fun, passionate, creative, humble, and trustworthy
- The ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) to children, students, leaders, parents and staff
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university, evangelical theological education desirable
- Committed to the theology, strategy, and vision of Crossroads Bible Church