Student Ministry Director
This position will serve Crossroads by leading an effective and comprehensive Student Ministry (6th-12th grade) that equips families for everyday faith.
- Oversee Youth Ministry with alignment towards Family Ministry vision and CBC values (Connect, Equip, Serve, Outreach, Worship)
- Lead the Youth Ministry staff team towards a vision to disciple every student for a lifetime of pursuing God and loving others.
- Oversee the large group youth worship service in collaboration with the Youth Ministry Worship Assistant, with a primary responsibility to teach, and to connect with students.
- Oversee the small group ministry in collaboration with the Youth Discipleship Coordinators, with a primary responsibility to empower the volunteer staff, and to connect with students.
- Ensure every student is cared for through an intentional plan to recruit, train and care for a volunteer staff team who then care for and develop the students at CBC.
- Oversee the youth events, camps and retreats in collaboration with the Youth Event Planning Assistant to create an environment where students feel a sense of belonging, grow spiritually, and live on mission.
- Oversee the administration of the budget, data base management, communication strategy, and the implementation of all safety and security policies in collaboration with the Youth Administrative Assistant and Communications Assistant.
- Develop and oversee a strategy for a volunteer team to assist students with special abilities or needs.
- Collaborate with the Children’s Ministry Director to equip and encourage parents to be the primary faith trainer of their kids.
- Shepherd individual students, families, and volunteer staff as needed.
- Preach from pulpit as needed and assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Interim Family Minister.
- Directly accountable and coached by the Interim Family Minister.
- Oversee and manage paid student staff.
- Attend weekly PMD and bi-monthly elder meetings.
Full-Time | Salaried | Exempt
- Demonstrate qualifications of an elder as outlined in 1st Timothy 3 and Titus 1 – a pastoral leader
- Embodies the Family Ministry Team Values: relational, considerate, fun, passionate, creative, humble, and trustworthy
- The ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) to children, students, leaders, parents and staff
- Demonstrate effective leadership through teams and be effective at delegation
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university, and evangelical theological education (Seminary degree desired)
- Committed to the theology, strategy, and vision of Crossroads Bible Church
Contact Jana Miller, HR Director email@example.com